Both projects "Implementation of EMAS in Poland" and "Promotion of EMAS in Poland" were implemented by the Consortium of LEMTECH Konsulting Sp z.o.o, Royal Haskoning i SEI.
LEMTECH Konsulting sp. z o.o. LEMTECH Konsulting Sp. z o.o. is a Polish company that was established by a group of recognized Polish experts who have worked since early 1990's on development of environmental infrastructure projects, originally as part of USAID-funded LEM Project (Local Environmental Management Project) operating in selected Polish and Hungarian localities and focusing on development of solid waste management projects in selected locations in Poland and Hungary, and who then, continued providing technical assistance in the field of environmental management especially in the area of solid waste management and wastewater management to clients from Poland and other Central and East European countries such as Bulgaria, Croatia and Ukraine. At the moment, LEMTECH employs 18 permanent staff and 40 part time consultants who offer a wide range of services assisting clients to better and more effectively plan the projects and manage financial resources aiming at development of cost effective environmental projects.
LEMTECH experts developed and delivered comprehensive training programs in the area of environmental projects development including large projects such as Local Environmental Management Project (USAID funded), Rural Development Project PAOW (World Bank funded). LEMTECH was also involved in development of PHARE Control of Seveso II Accidents training program aimed at increasing the awareness on EU Environmental policy on major accident prevention and emergency management among the environmental administration at national, regional and local level. The recently implemented projects were two PHARE projects "Implementation of Eco-management and Audit Scheme EMAS in Poland" and Eco-management and Audit Scheme EMAS in Poland".
LEMTECH offers its services in the following areas:
- Development of feasibility studies
- Development of environmental impast assessment reports
- Development of environmental master plans
- Development of solid waste management plans
- Development of water and wastewater management master plans
- Reduction of water losses in the water supply networks
- Performance of due diligence audits
- Optimizing the operation of wastewater treatment plants
- Implementation of environmental management systems
More details on the operations of LEMTECH Konsulting sp. z o.o. can be found on: www.lemtech.pl
Haskoning Nederland B.V. is committed to working enthusiastically with its clients to achieve sustainable solutions in an increasingly complex society. The technical, business consulting and economical expertise and experience of our professionals allows Haskoning Nederland B.V. to consider all aspects of a project, in order to subsequently develop sustainable and practical and financially solid solutions.
Royal Haskoning, of which Haskoning Nederland B.V. is a company, has subsidiaries and partners throughout the world.
Through branch- and project offices in Europe and overseas, Royal Haskoning has access to all major international markets. This way, multidisciplinary and integrated services locally, based on experience built globally, can be offered. With personal service in consultancy, Royal Haskoning thus contributes effectively to a successful planning, design, implementation, commissioning and operation of projects and programs.
Within the Environmental Division of 650 staff, we have experts in the field of:
Within the field of EMS/EMAS Haskoning Nederland B.V., further referenced to as Royal Haskoning, has performed projects on:
- Industrial Safety;
- Environmental, Safety and Quality-management systems (including ISO 14001 and 9001);
- Environmental law (EU and national based laws and regulations and their implementation in the Netherlands, Belgium, the UK and France);
- Environmental permits;
- Environmental Impact Assessment (national and international);
- Environmental Risk Assessment;
- Environmental annual reports.
- EMS in different countries for all types of organisations:
- ECompanies from very small to multinationals;
- All kind of industrial sectors;
- Public organisations (airport, defense organisation, schools, hospital).
- Verification and certification auditors for several Certification Institutes in the Netherlands;
- Quality improvement projects for environmental permitting departments and environmental inspection departments;
- Compliance audits for clients in industrial sectors like energy production, oil and gas industry, chemical sites and soil remediation projects.
More details on Royal Haskoning can be found on www.royalhaskoning.com
Estonian Institute for Sustainable Development, Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI-Tallinn) was established in November 1992 to bridge SEI activities to the Baltic Region as well as to Central and Eastern Europe. SEI-Tallinn is non-governmental, non-profit foundation with the objective to direct the decision-making on community development and on environment towards balance and sustainability. It is aimed at developing links with scientific, environmental and policy communities in Estonia, the Baltic Region and countries in transition.
The three main programme areas of the Institute are: Environmental Management; Sustainability Measures and Atmosphere, Climate Changes and Energy. Environmental Management programme has competence in and is able to provide training in environmental management methods and tools (eco-labelling, product environmental declarations, etc), environmental policy and measures, environmental management systems (EMS-ISO 14000 series, EMAS, including integrated management systems), environmental reporting and auditing, chemicals risk management and safety, integrated pollution prevention and control (IPPC), environmental product development, eco-design and product life-cycle approach. SEI-Tallinn has been involved in chemicals risk management and policy projects since 2000 (cooperation projects BACCON 2.4 and BACCON 3 with Baltic Environmental Forum).
SEI-Tallinn has also experience in compiling and giving Corporate Environmental Management courses at Türi College of Tartu University since 2000. Since early 2004 they are active in the project for implementation of EMAS in Estonia.
SEI-Tallinn is meeting the criteria for being a partner in the project by having specialists, who are experienced in research, project management, training, communication and reporting.
More details on SEI-Tallinn can be found on www.seit.ee
Copyright ©2005 EMAS-Polska